One of my favourite Indian dishes is Mutter Paneer. Paneer, which is the main ingredient of the dish is a fresh cheese which I now have learned is very easy to make. It is made from two ingredients only: whole milk and lemon.
This is how you make the paneer:
1) Heat up two liters of full fat un-pasteurised milk. Use just enough heat to make it boil without burning.
2) Boil for a bit stirring constantly so the bottom wont burn.
3) Turn heat down and add the juice of a lemon. The milk will now curdle – curds and whey will separate. Stir gently while the process takes place.
4) Line a colander with a clean cheese cloth and pour the content into it. Squeeze the liquid out and close it, with a plastic bag clamp for example.
5) Put it on a plate and weigh it down with something heavy.
5) After about half an hour the paneer can be cut into pieces and used in cooking.
I used this recipe for the Mutter Paneer.
Manula visa hur man gör paneer: